The Research behind Sottopelle®
If you haven’t already heard about the benefits of using bio-identical pellet therapy, you’re going to ask yourself why not. After all, this method of hormone replacement therapy has been around since the 1930’s and used extensively in Europe before it ever arrived in the U.S. Interestingly, it has not yet made its way into mainstream American medicine primarily because the pellets are a compound of natural components, rather than a laboratory-constructed substance, and therefore, cannot be patented.
Way back in 1935, hormone pellet therapy was created in Europe to help alleviate the problems women experienced due to hormone production cessation—or menopause. This modality (pellet therapy) arrived in the United States in 1939. Since then, hormone replacement therapy using pellets has been positively researched and accepted as the most effective delivery system available for women and men suffering from the side effects of menopause or andropause (male menopause). There are now decades of positive research studies that have been reported in medical journals around the world.
In 1992, Dr. Gino Tutera founded SottoPelle® based on his unique understanding of pellet therapy in the realm of bio-identical hormone replacement. With more than 27 years as a specialist in treating PMS, menopause and hormonal imbalance, he developed a highly effective treatment based on giving the right kind of hormone (biologically identical), in the right amounts (based on testing & proper analysis of the results), using the right delivery system (pellets). His efforts continue to change the lives of thousands of women and men across the country who suffer from hormone deficiencies.
With more than a dozen years of documented research, Dr. Tutera is now recognized as a pioneer and leader in the field of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, or BHRT. For more detailed information on Dr. Tutera and SottoPelle®, including a list of SottoPelle®-certified physicians, you may visit www.sottopelletherapy.com.
- How Testosterone Depletion Affects the Development of Alzheimers
- Large French Studies show no increase risk of breast cancer to users of Bio-Identical Hormones
- Marked reduction of breast, endometrial and ovarian cancer in users of Bio-Identical Hormones
- Testosterone replacement for people who suffer from chronic pain
ARTICLES ON PELLET HORMONE DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR THE SOTTOPELLE® METHOD
- Subcutaneous Hormone Implants Have Been Used in Europe and Australia since 1938; Bishop: British Med Journal 1938
- Use in America since 1949; Greenblatt: AJOG.1949.
- All Estrogen and Estrogen/Synthetic Progestin Increase Risk of Breast Cancer: Million Women Study; Lancet 2003
- Estrogen and Testosterone Does Not Increase Risk of Breast Cancer: Nurses’ Health Study; Colditz: NEJM, 1995
- Non Oral (Pellets) Testosterone Prevents Stimulation of Breast Tissue and Lowers Risk of Breast Cancer: Colditz: Archives of Int. Med. 1996.
- Osteoporosis: Pellets Increase Bone Density by 8.3% per Year vs. Oral Estrogen 1-2% Increase Per Year: Studd: AJOG. 1990
- Improved Lipid Parameters: Decreased Cholesterol, Decrease TG, Increased HDL: Susan Davis. Menopause: Vol 7
- No Increase in Thrombotic Activity; Smith: Br. Med Journal 1993.
- Cardiovascular Benefits: Decrease Death Rate by Increasing Testosterone; Circulation.2007.
- No Increase in Prostate Cancer: Journal of Urology Dec 2007; Intl Journal of Cancer 2004; Journal of National Cancer Institute Feb. 2008
- More Reproducible Estrogen Blood Levels than Patch; Stancyk; AJOG.VOL 159.
- Hormones Ease Pain of Osteoarthritis: Arthritis and Rheumatism 2010.
- Sustainability of Symptom Relief for Five Months: Cravioto; Menopause 2001
This is not a SottoPelle® office. Dr. Byers has only been trained by Dr. Gino Tutera and SottoPelle®
Dr. Tutera bears no responsibility for management of Dr. Byers patients.